Welcome

You are invited to blog on Bell Ladies, a blog for women who share a love for literature, music, cooking, health & fitness, and anything pretty. Share your good news, store & sales, creativity, and feelings. If you'd like to blog with us, send an E-mail to bell.ladies@gmail.com . Include your full name and how you found our blog. We are excited to blog with you!

Tuesday

"what the"


I have a cute nephew who says "what the?" when he sees something strange. I had a "what the" moment last night. A bunch of us girls went out to get pedicures...now, I usually don't paint my nails at all because then I just have to deal with chipped paint on my nails but occasionally I am up for a pedicure (although Kaitlyn pointed out last night, "maybe this just isn't for you"). She said that because 1) I am so ticklish and have such a hard time relaxing that a) it is stressful for me, not relaxing and b) I laugh out loud nearly the entire time and it makes me have to use the bathroom and also 2) because of this story I'll relate here. As I was leaving the house to meet the girls at the salon I asked Brandon, "what color should I paint my toes?" He said, "just any color that looks natural." So I thought I'd be pretty safe with either pink or red. So the lady doing my pedicure was very nice but English wasn't her primary language and there was all this noise in back of me from the massaging chair so she said "mmmmm naaaa maaaa?" And I was like, "It's great!" Even though inside I was like, "huh?!" Next thing I know, she starts to paint these flowers on my toes. I couldn't say anything because I didn't want to hurt her feelings (dumb, I know). But I was freaking out because I have never had a flower on my toe before and although it seems like it would be no big deal, it scared me. So I guess I'm stuck with these for a while. The thing that is the most awkward for me (aside from posting a blown-up picture of my hairy toes, I didn't know I had hair on my toes, btw, I just found out at the same time you did), is that in the center of the flower, there's a little gem! It has a texture to it! Aaaahhhh!!

7 comments:

GeNee said...

I wish I had flowers on my toes!

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I never have painted anything, so I feel your pain :)

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

I love a good pedicure! And I'm all about the flowers. :-)

Jessica Reid said...

You are so funny. They look fine. But yes, I think I'd freak out if I had flowers on my toes. So NOT me.

scott and tara said...

I love them!

Raquel said...

You are too funny! Your toes look great! Everyone has hair on their toes, the quesiton is, how much do you care about it? Me, I shave mine! LOL.
I get a pedicure every 2 to 3 weeks. Its my Friday after payday tradition. You never get used to the tickling :) but.. it sure is worth it for cute toes!

spudette said...

It's cute! It's way cute!